VW campers have been an iconic brand of campervan for decades and are often associated with the hippy movement of the 1960s.
If you’re lucky enough to own a VW Camper then you’ll want to protect it with a good insurance policy. Below is a guide to insuring a VW camper, including the levels of cover you can get and the factors that affect cost.
Types of cover
- Third party – Third party insurance will allow you to drive your campervan legally, however it only provides minimal protection and will not cover your own vehicle if you’re involved in a collision that you’re found to be liable for.
- Fully comprehensive – A fully comprehensive policy will cover your camper for all types of accidents as well as fire and theft.
- Breakdown assistance – Breakdown assistance is always a must when you own a campervan. If you don’t already have it then it’s definitely worth getting it included as part of your insurance policy.
Factors that affect cost
Some of the main factors that affect the cost of a VW Camper insurance policy are –
- Your age – Your age will certainly affect the cost of your insurance. If you’re under the age of 25 then you can expect to pay quite a bit more than you would otherwise. This might seem unfair but insurance providers purely base their decisions on statistics.
- The value of your vehicle – VW Campers are generally quite expensive vehicles. If you own a classic model then it will likely cost more to insure than a more recent model that’s easier to replace.
- Where the vehicle is parked – Being able to part your vehicle securely will go a long way to keeping the cost of your insurance down since it reduces the chance of theft significantly.
Getting cover online
There are many sites online where you can find VW Camper insurance quotes. Getting quotes from different providers is always recommended since it enables you to easily compare them and pick the one that offers the best value for money.
Although you can certainly contact insurance providers by phone, there are a few key benefits to getting cover online. These include –
- It’s convenient
- You can save money
- You can tailor quotes to your exact needs